Microinverters for grid-tied solar systems by Enphase Energy.
Latest Enphase Microinverters
Contact us toll-free at (877) 297-0014 for professional Enphase advice and low wholesale prices.
Enphase Microinverter System Review
Solar modules on the roof absorb sunshine and create direct current (DC) power. Securely mounted behind each PV module, a microinverter converts that DC power to alternating current (AC) synced to the proper frequency of the utility power grid.
The Enphase Envoy is the brains of the system. It gathers data from the microinverters and delivers it to the Enlighten software. It allows you or an installer to pinpoint any issue remotely and deliver updates to your microinverters.
MyEnlighten is a convenient virtual window into the energy production of the microinverters. It turns Envoy's data into an easy-to-use interface that lets you track your solar system's production and see your home energy usage.
Enphase microinverters are proven to produce more energy than other technologies.
Higher production, best savings
If a solar module is in the shade or temporarily covered with debris, the other modules will continue to provide power with an Enphase Microinverter grid-tie solar system.
- Microinverters operate independently, so each solar panel performs to its fullest. One shaded or dirty panel won't affect the rest of the system.
- Burst technology lets microinverters produce more at dawn, dusk, and in low-light conditions. This allows for a longer solar day for a larger energy harvest.
Because microinverters function independently, they are inherently more reliable. There is no single point of failure in an Enphase microinverter solar system.
- If one solar panel fails, the other solar panels will continue to produce power.
- Enphase microinverters undergo the most rigorous product testing in the industry.
- Enphase stands by their products with the industry's highest warranties.
Safer than other inverter technologies
- An all-AC system means no high-voltage DC power on your roof.
- Enphase Microinverters are commonly chosen for schools, since they meet even the strictest government safety requirements.
Enphase microinverters are a long-term investment
- Enphase microinverters come with a 25-year warranty; string inverters typically need to be replaced at least once in the lifetime of the system.
- Streamlined components make for quicker and less costly installations.
- High-quality materials and remote problem-solving save money on repairs.
Installation is easy, just plug and play.
|1. Bolt Microinverter to racking||2. Plug in to Engage Cable||3. Connect to solar module|
|Simple, single-bolt mount to rail or racking.||Microinverter plugs directly into the Engage Cable.||Connect the DC leads directly to the microinverter.|
The Enphase Microinverter was designed to address the challenges associated with traditional grid-tied inverters
• Maximizing the energy harvest of an array of solar modules.
• Having a single inverter for an entire array creates a single point of failure.
• Complex design decisions must be made in sizing DC series and parallel strings.
• Limited monitoring and analysis and no per-panel visibility.
Enphase Microinverter General FAQ
What is a Microinverter?
An inverter is a power converter that converts direct current (DC) into alternating current (AC). Traditionally, this has meant one, centrally-located inverter converting all of the DC current from the entire PV array. A micro-inverter is a much smaller version of the central inverter where there is one per PV module. The DC gets converted to AC at the point of the PV module. AC power then travels upstream through an ordinary branch circuit, and to the service panel.
What is a Microinverter system?
A Microinverter system is a federation of multiple microinverters all along a branch circuit, and/or within multiple branch circuits, which are all converting DC to AC, all injecting their current upstream, and reporting back to Enphase regarding their individual power-production statistics.
How do Enphase Microinverters differ from AC solar panels?
With AC solar panels (PVAC), the inverter and module are a single unit and are sold and installed as such. In contrast, the Enphase Microinverter is architected as a standalone inverter. This modular design means they can offer the flexibility to work with most off-the-shelf solar modules.
Can Microinverters work in off-grid environments?
No. They have only been tested to work in grid-tied installations.
Can Enphase be used in both Residential and Commercial solar deployments?
Yes. the S and M series are designed for standard 208VAC & 240VAC solar panel systems. The C Series supports 277 V/480 WYE or medium voltage (MV) commercial three-phase service. All Enphase Microinverters are designed to last the life of the PV solar panels.
What solar panels are they compatible with?
They are compatible with most major brands of solar panels. Contact us for Enphase compatibility assistance.
Contact us toll-free at (877) 297-0014 for expert reviews and the latest low wholesale price for Enphase Microinverters.