SolarEdge Inverters - The most efficient solar inverter solution in the industry
The SolarEdge PV grid tie residential and commercial inverter system is a three-fold architecture consisting of power optimizers which perform solar module-level MPPT, a highly reliable solar PV inverter, and a web portal for module-level monitoring and fault detection. It features a higher overall efficiency than other inverters, offers shade loss protection and a state-of-the-art monitoring web/smartphone program.
The extended range single phase inverters (SE7600A-US, SE10000A-US, SE11400-US) are designed to simplify installation with a pre-assembled AC/DC safety switch which enables both functions with the simple installation of one unit. This series also has a smaller mounting bracket, requiring fewer mounting holes.
After mounting the inverter, the bracket is now concealed, leaving an aesthetically pleasing installation.
SolarEdge Solar Grid Tie Inverter System
- PV module level optimization
- Fixed Voltage - flexible design
- Module level monitoring
- Shade loss protection
- Inverters specifically designed for power optimizers
- UL1699B Certified for arc fault detection and interruption compliance
- 98% maximum efficiency
- Simpler design
- Highest reliability at minimal cost
- Communication to internet via Ethernet or Wireless
- Small, lightweight and easy to install on provided bracket
- Outdoor and indoor installation
- Built-in module-level monitoring
- Communication Interfaces RS485, RS232, Ethernet, Zigbee
SolarEdge Power Optimizers
- Per-module Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
- 99.5% maximum efficiency
- Advanced, real-time performance measurement
- Automatic module shut-down for installer and firefighter safety
- Embedded by module manufacturers, or connected by installers to PV modules
Read more about P Series Power Optimizers
SolarEdge Power Optimizer
DIY homeowners benefit from the ease of optimizer system installation
SolarEdge P-Series Power Optimizers
are designed for the latest solar panels.
Next Generation P Series Power Optimizers
The SolarEdge power optimizer is connected by installers to each module or embedded by module manufacturers, replacing the traditional solar junction box. Therefore, it must be as reliable as the module itself with the ability to withstand the same environmental conditions to which the module is exposed.
The essence of the SolarEdge reliability strategy is a physics-based multi-level method of failure point identification. Providing a warranty for a proven 25 year system operational lifetime was enabled through a combination of reliability-oriented design rules. With a selection of top-tier suppliers and acceptance testing of their components, which were manufactured in well-controlled environments, accelerated lifetime testing of the system (and its components) was conducted up to the wear-out point in order to determine when the product will fail, at what rate and by which failure mechanisms.
The next generation of power optimizers, the P Series has additional benefits of pre-existing power optimizers, such as added energy, flexible design, module-level monitoring and safety. The P Series is optimized for the next generation of high-power modules, improved inventory management and faster installation.
Optimized for Present and Future PV Module Ratings
The P Series power optimizers provide superior matching between power optimizer and PV module ratings (power, voltage and current):
- P300 power optimizers match 60-cell crystalline PV modules
- P350 power optimizers match 72-cell crystalline PV modules
- P400 power optimizers match 96-cell crystalline PV modules
- P600 power optimizers match 60-cell PV modules, two modules connected in series for commercial systems
Free Lifetime Module Level Monitoring
- Automatic, accurate fault detection
- Faults located on site map
- No additional wiring
- Web portal and iPhone applications
- Remote diagnostics
- Operations and maintenance cost reduction
- Increased system availability and production
- Proactive customer service
In addition to the Web Portal website, the SolarEdge monitoring application enables PV installers and system owners to perform remote monitoring from their iPhone.
The iPhone application enables users to view the most updated data and be up to speed with their site’s performance.
The SolarEdge Advantage
SolarEdge solution overcomes all energy losses providing up to 25% more energy.
SolarEdge solves other system drawbacks at a price comparable to traditional inverters.
There are inherent problems in traditional grid-tie solar systems:
- Module mismatch (3-5% loss)
- Partial shading (2-25% loss)
- Undervoltage/overvoltage (0-15%)
- Dynamic MPPT loss (3-10% loss)
- Potential for electrocution and overheating.
From these system drawbacks:
- No module level monitoring
- Limited roof utilization
- Complicated module string voltages
- Troubleshooting individual PV modules is difficult
- Electrocution and overheating hazards
The SolarEdge Inverter System Solution:
- Each solar panel is monitored through the inverter via the power optimizer.
This data can be accessed via the free SolarEdge Monitoring Portal website on your PC, tablet or smart phone.
- Maximum space utilization with minimum design time.
Modules with different orientation and tilts and different module types can be used on a single string.
- Fixed string voltage
The PV modules string voltage is fixed,
regardless of temperature and of string length.
- Cost efficient maintenance
· Full visibility of system performance & remote troubleshooting
· Module-level performance data
· Presentation of complete system on virtual site map
· Automatic alerts on system issues
· Easy access via web browser from computer or smartphone
- Each SolarEdge Power Optimizer features SafeDC™
· Automatic module DC shutdown when inverter is not operating.
· Module and inverter thermal shutdown to prevent overheating damage and potential fire.
· Electric arcs are automatically detected and prevented by module shutdown.
These safety factors are important to installers, maintenance workers and emergency responders.
|Complete Residential & Commercial Solar Systems
with SolarEdge Inverters & Power Optimizers at wholesale pricing.
Call our SolarEdge Inverter System experts at 877-297-0014 for advice, reviews or to order today!