|Solar System Size||485 KW|
|Solar Panels||REC Solar Peak Series|
|Mounting System||Self-Ballasted Ground Mount|
|Panel Dimensions||65.55" x 39.02" x 1.50"|
Solar Electric Supply Reviews:
"Solar Electric Supply’s design, engineering support and material selection was essential to this projects success. The project location and other factors made this one of the most channeling projects for several reasons and SES’s team address technical and engineering issues that others could simply not fathom or foresaw.
We have utilized their resources and purchased material for on many other projects since, all have been very easy to install and their support after the sale is the best in the industry. They do not jet sell you the parts and say figure it out, they provide a complete solution and know how to reduce installation time and material costs."
- Shane Vasquez, President
485 KW Self-Ballasted Ground Mount Solar System - DelawareSKU SES-PROJ-485KW-BALL-GRD
Commercial Solar System Projects
485 KW Self-Ballasted Ground-Mount Solar System
Bethany Beach, Delaware
Solar Electric Supply and our authorized contractor designed and supplied this 485 kW solar system for a facility near the beach in Delaware. We designed this system with REC Solar Peak Series solar modules on a self-ballasted ground-mounted racking system. This was an especially challenging project due to it’s proximity to the Ocean and salt spray exposure in addition to be located at sea level.
The self-ballasted, ground-mount racking system was the largest and an industry first. This custom-engineered, commercial-grade mounting system requires virtually no penetrations.
A stainless steel enclosed Advanced Energy 500KW inverter was utilized and has proven to be extremely efficient and reliable.
This system installed by our contractor partner Paradigm Services survived Hurricane Sandy with no mechanical or electrical damage. This is a testament to the quality and durability of the material selected and installation practices.
- Base the structural design on accurate site specific geotechnical information and anticipated loads for the structure type and geographical location
- The Photovoltaic (PV) panel array shall be located a minimum of 10 feet above sea level.
- Dead Loads, required for actual weight of materials (PV Panels, electrical equipment and mounting system)
- Snow Loads: The ground snow load is Pg = 20 PSF and the Importance Factor is 1.0
- Exposure Factor is Ce = 0.9
- Drift and unbalanced snow loads must be considered
- Wind Load: The basic wind speed is V =120 mph and the Importance Factor is 1.0
- Both Main-Wind-Resisting Force System and Component and Cladding winds loads shall be computed and applied
- Seismic Load: The maximum considered earthquake ground motions correspond to a spectral acceleration coefficient for short periods of Ss = 0.12 and a spectral acceleration coefficient for 1 second periods of S1 = 0.04
- Calculated lateral drift under seismic load shall meet the allowable limit prescribed.
- Consideration for expansion and contraction in the design and associated connections due to the exposure to temperature extremes
- Geotechnical Engineer required for preparing design recommendations for the foundation of the structures and site features. Upon this geotechnical investigation from the engineer it was determined we needed to develop BIOSWALES for water run off from the solar array. The solar array was designed to allow for proper run off and drainage and avoid ice and snow accumulations.
- Shallow foundations shall be designed to resist all gravity, uplift and overturning forces with and allowable bearing capacity of 1400 PSF
- Lighting Protection for the solar array and associated equipment and structures.
- Photovoltaic (PV) panels shall be covered by the PV manufacturer's limited warranty for a minimum of 25 years
- PV panels shall meet UL 1703 (Adhesive Testing, Impact Resistance, Mechanical loading & Humidity)
- PV panels must also meet Wind Uplift Resistance of 110 mph.
- PV panels must also have a quick connect electrical connectors