Schneider Electric Conext XW MPPT 80-600 Charge Controller
Schneider Electric Conext™ XW MPPT 80-600 Charge Controller
The Conext™ MPPT 80 600 solar charge controller is designed for 24 Volt or 48 volt DC battery banks and a maximum charge current of 80 Amps. It offers an industry-first set of integration features and top performance that allows for large PV array systems to be easily installed and connected to the battery bank at the lowest overall cost. Installing one MPPT 80 600 is faster than installing multiple smaller charge controllers and lowers overall costs further by utilizing fewer PV strings, smaller wiring and conduit, and by eliminating the need for PV combiner boxes and DC circuit breakers.
Works with multiple Xanbus devices on a Xanbus network: Schneider Electric Conext XW/XW+, SW, MPPT 80-600, SCP & ComBox
- Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) delivers maximum available power from PV array to battery bank
- Integrated PV ground-fault protection.
- Improve battery life with selectable multi-stage temperature compensated charging
- Harvest more energy with shade tolerant fast sweep MPPT algorithm
- Robust design for reliability through rigorous Multiple Environmental Over Stress Testing (MEOST)
- Ultra-reliable, convection-cooled design does not require a cooling fan with its large, aluminum, die-cast heat-sink
- Full output current up to 113°F without thermal derating.
- Operational temperature up to 149°F
- Selectable two or three-stage charging algorithms with manual equalization to maximize system performance and improve battery life.
- Configurable auxiliary output.
- Two-line, 16-character liquid crystal display (LCD) and four buttons for configuration and system monitoring.
- Input over-voltage and under-voltage protection, output over-current protection, and backfeed (reverse current) protection (warning and fault messages appear on LCD when unit shuts down as a protective measure).
- Over-temperature protection and power derating when output power and ambient temperature are high.
- Battery Temperature Sensor (BTS) included − automatically provides temperature-compensated battery charging.
- Xanbus™-enabled network communications protocol (developed by Xantrex).
- Communicates settings and activity to other Xanbus™-enabled devices, such as the XW Hybrid Inverter/Charger, the Conext System Control Panel (SCP), Conext XW Automatic Generator Start (AGS), and other Conext Solar Charge Controllers.
- Five-year warranty.
The Conext MPPT 80-600 for high power solar panel arrays
The Conext XW MPPT 80-600 can be used with 24 or 48-volt DC battery systems. The default and most efficient setting is 48 volt. This Conext Solar Charge Controller can be installed (in single or multi-unit configurations) with Conext XW Hybrid Inverter/Charger(s) or can be used in other solar energy systems where a solar charge controller is needed.
The MPPT 80-600 incorporates a dynamic Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) algorithm designed to maximize energy harvest from the PV array. The MPPT constantly adjusts the operating points of the array to ensure it stays on the maximum power point. It does not stop energy harvest to sweep the array like some other competing products. This feature is beneficial all sunlight conditions, especially in areas with fast moving cloud cover and quickly changing solar conditions.
Additional Conext™ XW Inverter System Accessories:
Our experienced, professional staff is just a phone call away for reviews, advice or wholesale pricing on a Schneider Electric MPPT-80-600 Charge Controller.