Morningstar ProStar PS-MPPT-40 Solar Charge Controller
The product is in stock
Usually shipps in less than 24 hours
Morningstar ProStar MPPT 40 Solar Charge Controller (PS-MPPT-40)
Shown w/ optional meter
The ProStar MPPT™ 40 solar charge controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 1100 watts. This controller allows multiple modules in series for 12V and 24V battery systems.
Available with or without an advanced built-in meter, the ProStar MPPT 40 is ideal for industrial and residential applications. A Wire Box accessory to reduce hazards associated with exposed wires and connections can be purchased separately. Detailed battery programming options allow for advanced battery support for the latest Lithium, Nickel Cadmium, and Lead Acid battery types.
TrakStar MPPT technology provides the ability to charge 12 or 24 volt batteries with solar arrays of higher nominal voltages. A 12 volt battery bank can be charged with a 12, 24, 36 or 48V nominal off-grid solar array. Certain grid-tie solar modules may be used as long as the solar array open circuit voltage (Voc) rating will not exceed the ProStar MPPT 120V maximum input voltage rating at worst case (lowest) module temperature.
ProStar PS-MPPT-40 Benefits
High Reliability – conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
Maximizes Energy Harvest – using TrakStar MPPT Technology to determine and adjust to the true maximum power point as solar insolation changes throughout the day.
High Efficiency – at low, medium, and high power levels.
Data Logging – up to 256 days of detailed power and load data.
Low Noise Design – meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
Automatic PV Based Lighting Control – field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for PV lighting systems.
MODBUS Communications – Solar Industry Standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for easy programming, control, remote data access and charge synchronization.
High Strength – polycarbonate case and extruded aluminum heatsink.
Self Diagnostics – continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors through its status LED’s, optional display or communication port.
Quality Hardware - The ProStar MPPT uses stainless steel fasteners, an anodized aluminum heat sink, and conformal coating to protect it from harsh conditions.
Morningstar ProStar MPPT Warranty
All of Morningstar’s ProStar charge controllers are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) years from the date of shipment to the original end user. Morningstar will, at its option, repair or replace any such defective products.
ProStar MPPT 40 Certifications
• Complies with UL 1741, UL 62109 and CSA-C22.2 No. 107.1
• IEC 62109
• Complies with the US National Electric Code
• Complies with the Canadian Electrical Code
• FCC Class B compliant
• Complies with ENs and LVD standards for CE marking
• Immunity: EN 61000-4-3: 2006 & EN 61000- 4-6: 2009
• Emissions: CISPR 22: 2008 ProStar MPPT™, MeterBus™ are trademarks of Morningstar Corporation
MODBUS™ and MODBUS TCP/IP™ are trademarks of Modbus IDA. www.modbus-ida.org
Load & Lighting Control
• Low Voltage Disconnect, Low Voltage Reconnect Settings: 11.4V/12.6V or custom (x2 for 24 volt systems)
• Lighting Settings: Dusk-dawn or custom
Standard: 20 x 17 x 7 cm / 7.9 x 6.7 x 2.8 in
w/ Wire Box: 20 x 28.5 x 9.2 cm / 7.9 x 11.2 x 3.6 in
Standard: 1.4 kg / 3.1 lbs
w/ Wire Box: 1.8 kg / 4.0 lbs
• Wire Size Range
Power terminals: 2.5 - 35 mm2 / 14 - 2 AWG**
• Battery/Temp. sense: 0.25 - 1.0 mm2 / 24 - 16 AWG
• Knockouts (wiring box option): M20, 1/2”, 1” (trade sizes)
• Enclosure: IP20, Type 1
• Automatic recovery without fuses
• Solar Input: overload, short-circuit, high voltage warning, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current
• Load Output: overload, short-circuit, high temperature, reverse polarity
• Battery: reverse polarity (no battery removal)
• 4-stage charging: Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
• 7 standard battery settings and customization
• Temperature Compensation
Coefficient: -5 mV / C /cell (25 C / 77 F ref.)
Range: -30 C to +60 C / -22 F to +140 F
Setpoints: Absorption, Float, Equalize
Data & Communications
• Communication Port: MeterBus
• Protocols: Morningstar MeterBus, MODBUS
• Datalogging: 256 days, daily records
• PC Software: MSView
ProStar MPPT Accessories
• Ground Fault Protection Device (GFPD-150)
• Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
• Remote Meter (RM-1)
• Wire Box (PS-MPPT-WB)
• RS-232 Communications Adapter (MSC-1)
• USB Communications Adapter (UMC-1)
• Meter Hub (HUB-1)
• Relay Driver (RD-1)
• CE; RoHS; UL1741/CSA.107.1; UL 62109; IEC 62109; FCC Part-15 class B compliant
• Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility