|Morningstar MSC PC MeterBus Adapter
Converts RJ-11 MeterBus port to RS-232 interface.
|Morningstar Model Number||MSC|
|Baud Rate||9600 baud|
|Dimensions||2.83" x 1.37" x .87"|
Morningstar MSC PC Meterbus AdapterSKU MSC
Morningstar MSC PC Meterbus Adapter
Morningstar’s PC Meterbus Adapter (MSC) converts a controller’s meter port (RJ-11 phone type connector) to a standard RS-232 serial connector for connection to a PC or other equipment. The MSC may be used with any Morningstar controller or inverter equipped with a RJ-11 MeterBus connection that does not also already have a RS-232 port.
By converting to RS-232, the MSC allows Morningstar’s controllers and inverters to communicate with a variety of third party serial enabled devices.
The MSC can communicate with:
• A PC running Morningstar’s MS View software or any other compatible software.
• A serial enabled device such as an internet gateway.
• Another MODBUS enabled hardware device at the site that needs to access solar system information.
Establishing a communications link enables the monitoring or logging of data from the controller or inverter as well as the customizing of any user-adjustable settings. The Morningstar MSC makes available a wide variety of data stored in Morningstar’s products (varies by product).
The MSC can provide data for:
• Battery Voltage (including minimum and maximum)
• Solar charge current to the battery
• Load current from the battery
• Accumulated solar and load amp hours
• Charge Stage
• Errors and alarms
• Local and battery temperature
• Data logging files
All data is transmitted in the form of MODBUS protocol. This industry standard was chosen for a high level of compatibility with a variety of equipment. Each Morningstar product has its own data specification.
The MSC is used for programming custom charging setpoints and logging data using Morningstar’s MSView PC software or any 3rd party hardware that supports MODBUS
MSC Kit Contents
The MSC is sold as a kit that includes the following:
• PC Meterbus Adapter
• RS-232 cable with connectors: 1.8 meters (5.9 feet)
• RJ-11 cable with connectors: 1 meter (3.3 feet)
Morningstar MSC Warranty
All of Morningstar’s charge controller components are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) years from the date of shipment to the original end user. Morningstar will, at its option, repair or replace any such defective products.
Contact us toll-free: (877) 297-0014
Read more about Morningstar charge controllers.