Morningstar SunSaver SS-6-12 Solar Charge Controller (Gen 3)
The Morningstar SunSaver SS-6-12 is a very reliable charge controller with the same battery charging algorithm as the ProStar that has been scaled down for smaller PV systems. This device includes a combination of features and capabilities not found in other small PV controllers.
This controller is rated for Hazardous Locations – Class 1, Division 2 (C1 D2 - Class I Div II)Groups A-D, making it the preferred choice for Oil & Gas applications. Class I, Division 2 certification permits use of an electrical device in an environment where explosive gases are periodically present. The Morningstar SunSaver SS-6-12 is C1D2 certified for systems that are properly wired per Division 2 NEC approved wiring methods.
Constant voltage PWM charging is a proven advancement compared to the common on/off PV regulators. SunSavers are field-selectable for sealed or flooded batteries. A rugged anodized aluminum case and epoxy-encapsulated electronics ensure durability and longevity. A temperature compensation sensor in the charge control varies full charge voltage with temperature. All Morningstar SunSaver controllers feature LED charging indicators.
SunSaver SS-6-12 Benefits
The SunSaver 6 features 4-stage PWM battery charging for optimum battery health.
• 100% solid state
• Series design (not shunt)
• True 0 to 100% PWM duty cycle
• Setpoint accuracy @ 12V: +/-25mV;
• Fully encapsulated in epoxy
• Marine rated terminals
• Anodized case
• Temperature compensation
• Sealed / Flooded battery select
• Parallel for 40 amps or more
SunSaver controllers are manufactured in a world class ISO certified facility. Morningstar uses automated production processes so every unit is exactly the same with parts soldered to .0006 inch accuracy. Anodized case, marine terminals and custom potting material is used for a controller that is built to last through everyday real world PV applications.
SunSaver SS-6-12 Warranty
All of Morningstar’s SunSaver charge controllers are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) years from the date of shipment to the original end user. Morningstar will, at its option, repair or replace any such defective products.
• ETL Listed to UL 1741 & CSA C22.2 No. 107.1-01
• Hazardous Locations:
Class 1, Division 2, Groups A,B,C,D, CSA C22.2#213
• EMC Directives:
Immunity, emissions, safety
• FCC Class B Part 15
• ISO 9000
• Solar: Overload, short-circuit, high voltage
• Load: Overload, short-circuit, high voltage
• Battery: High voltage
• All: Reverse polarity, high temperature, lightning
and transient surges
• Reverse current at night
• Charging method: 4 stage series PWM
• Charging stages: Bulk, absorption, float, equalize
• Temperature compensation:
Range: –30°C to +60°C
Set points: Absorption, float, equalize
• Status LED (1): Charging or not charging, Solar error conditions
• Battery LED’s (3): Battery level, Charging stage