|Deka Model Number||8A8DLTP|
|Capacity at C/100||250 Ah|
|Capacity at C/20||245 Ah|
|Plate Alloy||Lead Calcium|
|Weight (lbs)||163.0 lbs. (74.0 kg)|
|Posts||Forged Terminals & Bushings|
|Rated non-spillable by||ICAO, IATA, and DOT|
|Dimensions:||21.73" x 11.00" x 10.82"|
|Made in the USA
by East Penn (Deka) Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Deka Solar 8A8D AGM BatterySKU Deka_8A8D_AGM
Deka Solar 8A8D AGM Battery
The Deka 8A8D AGM battery uses a special absorbed electrolyte technology that is superior to conventional lead-acid batteries. This completely sealed valve-regulated battery line eliminates gas emissions and acid leakage for longer and safer battery operation.
The Deka 8A8D is a maintenance-free Group 8D Absorbed Glass Mat battery that combines true deep cycling ability with sealed, spill-proof construction for heavy demand applications. Made in the USA.
Deka 8A8D AGM Battery Features
- Sealed Absorbed Technology: Completely sealed; valve regulated battery with efficient recombination.
- 250 quality control checks through ISO 9001.
- UL recognized components MH17218.
- Rated non-spillable by ICAO/IATA/DOT.
- Forged terminals and bushings assure no leakage.
- Individual plate formation (IPF®) ensures voltage matching between cells
The Deka 8A8D AGM battery is ideal for remote solar applications such as security systems, remote telemetry, LED hazard obstruction FAA lighting, SCADA systems, pipeline monitoring, oil and gas wellhead monitoring, WiFi and WiMAX and other wireless applications.
Deka Solar 8A8D AGM Battery Benefits
Computer-cast power path grids of a Deka AGM battery allow optimum oxygen flow between plates.
Specially-engineered safety relief valve system effectively controls critical internal gas pressure, preventing capacity loss from excessive gas seepage. This one-way valve also prevents outside air from entering the battery; a common cause of failure in most sealed valve-regulated battery designs.
Fine microfiber glass separators are highly porous to hold electrolyte more efficiently and have extremely low electrical resistance for higher capacity.
Computer-cast power path grids are pasted to uniform thickness, allowing for the exact degree of compression needed for optimum oxygen flow between the plates and separators. (Plates compressed too tightly will impede oxygen flow, while plates packed too loosely allow valuable oxygen to escape to the top of the battery. Both conditions seriously impair performance and shorten battery life.)
Exclusive individual tank formed plates provide the highest quality and most consistent performance.
Rated non-spillable by ICAO (International Commercial Airline Organization), IATA (International Airline Transport Association) and DOT (Department of Transportation) definitions.
Made in the USA
Advanced Made in America technology with the most modern computer-aided design and manufacturing techniques combine to make Deka's Sealed AGM Batteries meet the highest quality standards in the industry.
Deka 8A8D AGM Batteries are ideal for remote off-grid solar applications such as security systems, traffic signals, utility transmission towers, wireless smart meters, radio cabinets, rural Wi-Fi, remote telemetry, SCADA systems and much more.
Deka Solar 8A8D AGM Group 8D Battery Review
Deka Solar AGM Batteries offer all the advantages of conventional “flooded” batteries without the disadvantages.
- Maintenance-free construction eliminates the need to add water.
- Completely sealed valve-regulated design eliminates acid spills and terminal corrosion.
- Safer operation substantially minimizes chance of acid spray, fumes and explosion hazards when charged correctly.
- Flexible design can be installed in almost any position. (However, upside-down installation is not recommended.)
- State-of-charge easily determined by open circuit voltage.
- Lower electrical resistance provides higher discharge rates.
- High freeze-resistance offers longer battery life.
- Resists vibration damage for longer operating time.
- Lightweight construction for easy installation.
- Requires less charging time than conventional batteries.