Morningstar ProStar PS-15 / PS-15M Gen 3 Charge Controller
The product is in stock
Usually shipps in less than 24 hours
Morningstar ProStar 15 Gen 3 Solar Charge Controller (PS-15)
Shown w/ optional meter & w/o included cover to show detail.
This third generation ProStar 15 offers additional features and capabilities while maintaining the same form factor, quality, and reliability that has made the ProStar the world’s leading mid-range PWM solar controller for professional and consumer applications since 1995. The ProStar 15M version is available with a comprehensive meter display.
With over 350,000 units installed in the harshest environments in over 100 countries, the ProStar has developed a strong reputation for reliable performance. This third generation ProStar maintains the same quality and form factor as previous models, while offering new data, lighting control, graphical interface, and protection features to better meet the needs of off-grid solar applications.
The ProStar PS-15 charge controller will accommodate sealed, gel and wet-cell lead-acid batteries. Front panel LED's indicate when the batteries are being charged and relative battery state-of-charge. Reliable reverse polarity protection on input and output is important and included. In the event of a load short circuit, the load is automatically disconnected. Low voltage disconnect (LVD) is current-compensated to prevent false disconnect when the battery is heavily loaded. The ProStar Gen 3 series solar charge controllers are designed with a high strength polycarbonate case with protective terminal cover and an extruded aluminum heatsink for guard against corrosion.
ProStar 15 Gen 3 Controller Benefits
The ProStar 15 features 4-stage battery charging for optimum battery health.
High reliability – latest electronic and environmental protections, quality control, and design considerations comply with IEC 62109 and promote longevity in the harshest environments.
High Temperature Design – full nameplate current rating, both solar and load up to 60°C continuous.
Data Logging – up to 256 days of solar charge and load consumption data.
Low Noise Design – meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications.
Automatic Solar Based Lighting Control – field adjustable, multi-event load control enables powerful options for solar lighting systems.
MODBUS Communications – open standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for control and remote data access.
Durable Design – high strength polycarbonate case with protective terminal cover and extruded aluminum heatsink.
Self Diagnostics – continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors or system faults through its status LED’s, optional display and communication port.
The ProStar 15 without meter is also available.
Meter (15M Model) – high resolution LCD, multi-lingual backlit graphical display of system voltage, current, temperature, lighting settings, etc.
Custom Programming – dip switches, meter interface, or connection with a computer can be used to adjust charging, load, communications, and lighting control.
Morningstar ProStar Gen 3 Warranty
All of Morningstar’s ProStar charge controllers are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE (5) years from the date of shipment to the original end user. Morningstar will, at its option, repair or replace any such defective products.
ProStar PS-15 Certifications
• CE; RoHS; ETL Listed: UL62109/CSA.107.1; IEC 62109; FCC Part-15 class B compliant
• Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility
• Nominal Battery Voltage: 12V or 24V
• Battery Voltage Range: 10-35V
• Voltage Accuracy: <= 0.1% +/- 50mV
• Maximum Battery Current: 15A
• Maximum Solar Input Voltage: 60Voc
• Load Current Rating: 15A
• Self-Consumption: 20 mA w/o meter
• LED Indications: (1) status, (3) Battery state of charge
• Transient Surge Protection: 1500 Watts (solar, battery, load)
• Operating Temperature: -40°C to + 60°C
• Meter Operating Temperature: -20°C to + 60°C
• Storage Temperature: -40°C to + 80°C
• Humidity: 100% non-condensing
Meter (15M Version)
• Resolution: 128 X 64 pixels
• Viewing Area: 5.0 cm x 2.5 cm
• Display Color: Blue on white
• Backlight: LED
• Tropicalization: conformal coating, marine-rated terminals
• Battery Types: 7 Standard Battery Settings + Custom
• 4-Stage Charging: Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
• Temperature Compensation
• Coefficient: -5 mV / °C / cell (25°C ref)
• Range: -30°C to + 60°C
• Set Points: Absorption, Float, Equalize
ProStar Gen 3 charge controller
simple wiring diagram review.
15.3(W) x 10.5(L) x 5.5(D) cm
6.0(W) x 4.1(L) x 2.2(D) in
• Weight: 0.4 kg / 1.0 lbs
• Wire Size Range:
Power Terminals: 2.5 - 16 mm2 / 14 - 6 AWG
Battery/Temp. Sense: 0.25 - 1.0 mm2 / 24 - 16 AWG
• Enclosure: IP20, Type 1
• Solar Input: overload, short-circuit, high voltage, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current
• Load Output: overload, short-circuit, high temperature, reverse polarity
• Battery: reverse polarity (no battery removal)
ProStar 15 Gen 3 Accessories
Load & Lighting Control
• Low Voltage Disconnect, Low Voltage Reconnect Settings:
11.4 V / 12.6 V or Custom (x2 for 24 volt systems)
• Lighting Settings: Dusk to Dawn or Custom
• LVD Current Compensation: -20 mV per Amp @ 12 Volts / -40 mV per Amp @ 24 Volts
• LVD Warning Timer: 10 minutes
• Lighting Test Timer: 5 minutes
• Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
• Remote Meter (RM-1)
• PC MeterBus Adapter (MSC)
• USB Communications Adapter (UMC-1)
• Ethernet Communications Adapter (EMC-1)
• Meter Hub (HUB-1)
• Relay Driver (RD-1)
• Ground Fault Protection Device (GFPD-150)